OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 08 May 2024, 03:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2007, 16:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
It really does sound like it's more of a short to medium pip (in behaviour), which make that type of stroke easier. The thicker sponge of course helps as well... If it's working for you, than that's great, and as you say it's a lot of fun!

It really sounds very similar to the TSP P-2, which means it's probably quite good for hitting as well.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2007, 13:18 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

I presume Hookshot is using around 1.5mm sponge. Mathias could do the same with both his Leggy and Alligator Soft on 1.5, but was mainly focusing on other strokes. The Leggy gave a little more top spin than the Alligator, and from memory was faster as well.

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2007, 13:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
He's using a 1mm sponge...

Yes I could do those loop strokes as well, but never thought they were percentage shots for me... too slow and without the ability to generate topspin it's harder to land... Good for a surpirse shot though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2007, 23:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Hookshot, nice going! Good tips, too. But isn't hiding your bat on service return illegal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2007, 00:04 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

Kees wrote:
Hookshot, nice going! Good tips, too. But isn't hiding your bat on service return illegal?

No, the ball must be in sight at all times during service, and the bat's contact with the ball must be fully visable during service, but after that you can hide your bat anyhere you like between shots.

I like keeping mine just below the table level when receiving, even though I don't twiddle that often. It creates one more uncertainty.

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 04:51 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Shoebox9 wrote:
That was the trick Carl Prean used.

He apparently speed glued the 1.5mm sponge of his Leggy for more speed. He'd developed a b/h stroke that worked identically with both the pips and inverted, and twiddled like mad, sometimes before and after a stoke during high speed rallies :shock: All but the top 10-15 in the world seemed to struggle against this strategy.

The result was either high top spin, or very mild top spin, and I've got some video where in some points he stands favouring his b/h side.

Mathias has been testing out Leggy and this style of play.

Its an awesome stroke, I know how it works and when you realise what this guy did EVERY bh stroke you really appreciate the style. I write up the technical low down on the website at some point.

I'm not really surprised he stopped using this style and switched to double inverted after his pro-career because you have to be seriously fit (very strong leg muscles) to do the stroke he invented.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .