OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 03 May 2024, 22:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: video hitting with lp
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2020, 01:13 

Blade: Ma Lin or Falck Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx 1.9mm
BH: Spinlord Kieler 1.8mm
This is a video of me attacking two years ago with Long Pimples (Giant Dragon Meteorite) on a Stiga Infinity.

If i use a TSP balsa I can attack better with LP, but I don't like the forehand. I want to use Tenergy but have to use Hurricane on fh of balsa for control.

If I wanted to go back to LP for attacking (not bothered about affect), do i need hard or soft, closely or sparsely spaced and grippy pimples to assist in attacking.
I don't care about nasty affect, as I will not be chop blocking much. If you look at my technique I go up the back of the ball quite a lot in general and want to keep doing this!!

I am probably going to try a TSP balsa 6.5 or an Andro Carbon Light Off blade, probably with Nittaku Hurricane Turbo in 1.8mm on fh.

[youtube_s]https://youtu.be/NR0GJZGXQG4[/youtube_s]

https://youtu.be/NR0GJZGXQG4

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2020, 09:17 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
There was some pretty good hitting. Was it OX or sponge?

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2020, 09:27 

0.6mm sponge on a stiga infinity. it is even easier to hit with a balsa blade!!

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2020, 09:36 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
I am trying to stay with OX. My consistency is well below yours. Currently using mostly a sword yokohama yue blade, but also have ordered a nittaku goruki and messing around with yinhe LQ-1 and LQ-2 blades I have had for yeas.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2020, 11:11 
Super User

My two pennies: You probably will need a closely spaced textured top LP with good grip and some hardness and a bit of sponge too (may be 1.00 mm at least) to aid your consistent attacking. Impressive LP attacking by the way :up:

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2020, 20:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Have you tried Zeitgeist? I think it is good for hitting and has great control ,... just seen your video . Great skills, congrats !!

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2020, 21:07 

Blade: DHS PG7
FH: DHS 651
BH: 1 sided (Red covering)
charmander defender wrote:
Have you tried Zeitgeist? I think it is good for hitting and has great control ,... just seen your video . Great skills, congrats !!
I hate Zeitgeist attackers, my friend is a Zeitgeist ox attacker with strong hands (He does not need sponge) and he is very experienced LP attacker, I hate the wobbles and I can't beat him, the closest I've got is 11-8

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 02:09 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
Dornenglanz is a safe bet if LP hitting is your thing. Quite easy to control. Red sheets has got better durability.

Grass D.TecS is really good to hit with if you can control it. It's very fast and is very dependant och what type of blade you use. I can hit with in a confident way on an ALL+ or DEF blade but on anything faster it's like a bazooka in the hands of a drunken soldier.

"High" friction rubbers like Curl P1R and Feint Long III are dead easy to hit with if you're used to SP but so slow that the ball almost stops in the air.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 02:45 

if i go to lp, i will use a TSP balsa 6.5 or tibhar fibretec 75 so they fly off, maybe sword scylla or something hard, dtecs would be a nightmare. To hard to control.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 04:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
mart1nandersson wrote:
Dornenglanz is a safe bet if LP hitting is your thing. Quite easy to control. Red sheets has got better durability.

Grass D.TecS is really good to hit with if you can control it. It's very fast and is very dependant och what type of blade you use. I can hit with in a confident way on an ALL+ or DEF blade but on anything faster it's like a bazooka in the hands of a drunken soldier.

"High" friction rubbers like Curl P1R and Feint Long III are dead easy to hit with if you're used to SP but so slow that the ball almost stops in the air.

My dear friend, if you hit with DG, chances are the durability reduces a great deal,.... my DG lasts a long time just because I do not hit,..just passive block and some active ones,...but I do agree,..the few times I hit with DG it was a winner,...

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 05:55 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
mart1nandersson wrote:

Coming from MP dtecS with 1.2mm sponge us great fun on a slow Def blade. The slow blade and dwell allows one to hit quite hard bending the pips and engaging the sponge creating nasty swerves etc. On a fast blade however the ball just flies off too fast = too high an error rate.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 06:20 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
I doubt you need to change, Meteorite is known as a good attacking LP. Also GD Cropcircles & Attack Long with rather stiff grippy pips.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 06:33 

you can't buy meteorite anymore giant dragon are bust!!
anything similar to giant dragon, i think sword scylla might be best!

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 08:03 

MOG1111 wrote:
you can't buy meteorite anymore giant dragon are bust!!
anything similar to giant dragon, i think sword scylla might be best!

I would suggest Der Materialspezialist Elite Long(there is a topic with a video on this forum)
which is excellent long pip for the
attacking game, as well it provides a decent control. Elite Long harmonizes
well with an arilate carbon offensive blade. My friend plays it in OX on XVT Wheel blade,
which has the same plies composition as Butterfly Viscaria.
XVT blades can be purchased from Aliexpress. The above blade cost 27 US Dollars.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 09:04 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
charmander defender wrote:
mart1nandersson wrote:

My dear friend, if you hit with DG, chances are the durability reduces a great deal,.... my DG lasts a long time just because I do not hit,..just passive block and some active ones,...but I do agree,..the few times I hit with DG it was a winner,...

Fully aware of this. I destroyed two black sheets before I got told that “it’s not meant for hitting” by a guy working very closely with Spinlord. Red has much better durability but I keep going back to D.TecS as I can’t get used to the slow speed of DG and TM.

D.TecS on a really slow defensive blade is what works for me.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!