OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 04 May 2024, 00:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2008, 23:15 
HE-LP on land or sea

Basketball and Gridiron (football to us Americaners!) are growing games in canada. Although it doens't beat the canadian pastime of hockey and hockey hair.

Yasaka YEO
FH : Nittaku H3 Neo
BH : VEGA PRO MAX
Go Chicago White Sox!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2008, 23:37 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Canada has a population 33 million with 4117 registered players according to ttcan.ca.

The United States has a population of 305 million with 7578 registered players according to usatt.org.

It just seems that with nearly ten times the population base the USA should have a lot more players.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 00:05 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Surely this is a failing of the USATT to entice people into the game. I don't think they are alone. It seems similar in Australia. There seems to be little done to attract people to the sport. Seems more like a person has to have serious intent to play the game first before they take up membership with a state affiliate. You just don't see much in the way of attempts to attract new members to the state bodies or even clubs. It seems they are content to simply go with the flow of whoever comes to them is sufficient numbers. This may only be my perception, but the best I have seen is a local club posting a flyer at the local shops. Perhaps they do more at the schools than I think, although school kids I know that play TT at school aren't telling me there is any membership drives etc.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 00:23 
Master Of Deception
Master Of Deception

Adham, I have a question.

http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... 1923#61923

Is it true that both Crisan's and Boll's rubber were thicker than 4 mm?

EASY P - http://nexyusa.com/collections/rubber/products/easy-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyNTO7 ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zkq9Ja3E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARovqP9tT0#t=64

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 05:56 
Super User

As I indicated in another thread, the biggest problem with competitive table tennis in America is that the vast majority of the population has absolutely NO IDEA that table tennis is a real, competitive sport. They only know it as this cute little game that kids play in basements and garages.

Saviga V 0.6

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 07:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Glueless wrote:
As I indicated in another thread, the biggest problem with competitive table tennis in America is that the vast majority of the population has absolutely NO IDEA that table tennis is a real, competitive sport. They only know it as this cute little game that kids play in basements and garages.

This is I think the main problem, it does not help how they present the game at tournaments etc, No Umpires, players scoring their own games until the latter stages, no table surrounds, players dressed as if its a fashion show etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 08:01 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
If you know any kids, take them to a club, or especially a tournament. My 4 year old nephew, who had never seen the sport before, came to a tournament I was playing in and stayed for a couple of hours with my in-laws. He was mesmerized by even the most mediocre play. So I dug out an old pre-made I had and a ball and now I guess he hits the ball around the basement sometimes. I'm trying to convince my brother-in-law to get him a table so I can train him. :wink:

That's all it took to get a kid interested. Any exposure, as young as possible, I think at least helps. Who knows if he'll ever play it much, but I'm going to try and keep exposing him to the sport as much as possible.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 12:57 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Adham

I wonder if you can offer any further information regarding TTmaster and the approval of their rubbers. I'm well aware that this case in currently in the courts, which would restrict what you can and can't say, and I totally respect that.

We've seen the latest approved rubber list 29b change several times recently, every time the TTmaster rubbers appear differently.... First they were off, then added in small print with a note, and now added normally again...

We've only heard TTMaster side of the story, who chose to make the communication with the ITTF publicly... Is there more to it this?

I would also like to offer you my best wishes during this difficult personal time for you, and hope this discussion does not add to your stress...as it's not meant to, and we really do appreciate your time here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 13:26 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I personally think that Adham coming on this or any other forum is an outstanding step forward for the ITTF in public relations. Its a shame he doesn't have other ITTF members so willing to do the same, but Adham is showing real leadership by availing himself like he has been doing. Certainly add me to the list of members here who appreciate your participation Adham, and I also hope you find some peace in this difficult time. I hope your mother becomes well soon. My mother was in hospital very recently and has had her hip replaced and having lost my father less than a year ago, I know how you must be feeling.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 01:48 
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot

One thing that would help in the USA is to put it on TV. And not at 3 in the morning. Show some KillerSpin tourneys and the US open. Maybe some 4 or 5 star tourneys also. I think that is up to the USATT to get going.

USATT Rating: 1869

MOLON LABE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 02:15 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
My view of the USATT is very similar to the ITTF. They cater to the elite players. I have never seen anything from them aimed towards young kids, grade schools, TV, or high schools.
If they have done anything, the message is not out there very well.
Something they could do is reduce the cost of USATT membership for kids, (and maybe seniors). $40 is alot of money. When you combine that with entry fees, gas, etc, how many kids can talk their parents taking them to a tourney?
Why not a token fee of say $3 for kids under 12?
How about a video with a coaches equipment, rules guide aimed at schools? For FREE or at least at cost? And someone to call schools to let them know it exists.
How many tourney directors put an add in the newspaper? Or call the local TV stations? I have for the Senior Games and the TV people show up. Might only get 1 minute but we get on TV.
I'll bet I could ask 40,000 people here, (everybody) and no more than 10 people would know what USATT is. (not counting the students because I tell them about USATT) :evil:

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 06:10 
Super User

Dear Adham, nice to see you takinh time to participate in this forum.
I respect most of the new rules and think that the talk about the rules beeing fair or unfair is a little stupid.
The rules have been made and will not be reversed due to a little nagging :P
What I would like to know is if the following rumors have any truth in them :

1. are there any plans or ideas of introducing the 42 mm ball ?
2. Is there any plans or ideas of introducing a higher net ?

These 2 questions is very important for me, because this would change table tennis way more than all of the other rule changes combined.

I think that TT have found a nice level with the 40 mm ball with a lot of speed still, due to the new fast blades and rubbers and not too fast.

The net height we have, have been calculeted for a reason.
Equopment will never change the fact that 15 cm is perfect for TT.

Once again thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing your reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 06:52 
King of Ping!

Dear Forum members,

I would like to apologize to all of you for the delay in answering your questions. I have some family issues (mother in hospital) and that has taken a lot of time. I will try over the next couple of days to answer all outstanding questions. I am not escaping, just personal circumstances, please be patient.

Thanks for understanding.

Adham Sharara

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008, 05:53 

Dear Adham,
Thank you for sharing your points in this forum. I'm sure you'll find it much more "peaceful" than some other places.
I have few questions regarding latest events at german open. You know that the match Crisan/Boll has created a lot of discussions throughout TT forums.
1/ What's your position and your interpretation re this incident.
2/ Is that true there is a "tolerance" regarding rubber's max thickness ?
3/ Can you confirm what has been said in Romanian forums, that is to say, both players had exceeded max thickness.
4/ Is it true, M.Shirakawa and officials mixed up Cioti's and Crisan's racket during the second "before match" test ?
5/ A.Crisan expressed his thanks to you for your support in his post open communication. Is it to much asking you what you told him ?
6/ What do you answer to those who are considering this incident as the proof that the new rules and bans have created more problems than solutions ? (to be honest, I belong to those...)

Thank you Sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008, 06:26 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Dear Adham,

If speed glue was never legal, the ITTF should brand all players who used it as cheaters and have their names striken from the record.

Of course, the fact that the ITTF looked the other way for a quarter decade and allowed almost every world champion to use it is certainly an implied endorsement. If speed glue is banned because of health reasons, alternate methods should be allowed.

The game must evolve with the times.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next