OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 02:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 00:49 
VaMP-ire Killer

ok, its march, which means roughly a year ago I got my last set of rubbers, I try to make rubbers last for a year and then get something new. Im sticking with Half-long on my BH because thats my style and being one of the very, very, very few in the area to play mid pips (i might be the only one at the moment).

but for manga, I need something new, I liked magna but the rubber is getting old (and by that i dont mean mine, but the product itself). im trying to find some replacements, but its hard. Basicly manga was one of the first stiga rubbers to use the ACS techonolgy (which goes over my head as i dont understand what it does, I think its lighter), and is a medium sponge, if bribar clasified it, they would put it roughly under "powerspin attack" or "fast spin attack"

Im after an upgrade, I like to put spin on the ball, but im not after a soft sponge, im after a medium sponge (like magna, ive always had med sponges because I play better with them), i dont want to lose speed, but i dont want too much speed thats hard to handle. I thought about going back to spinsonic, but im not sure how it would play being I used it on PH and now im a SH player

any help would be nice

Set Up: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Butterfly Tenergy 05FX

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 01:27 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Not having played with Magna I'm not overly sure of how it plays. Given you like the Stiga rubber though perhaps Mendo Energy would suit you? A young guy at our club used it and switched to Bryce to get more speed. He's now spewing that he did and wants to go back to Mendo because it has reasonable speed, good spin and is very controllable.

I'd love to hear if others have found this of Mendo as well?

Might be worth the shot for you Skull! :wink:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 21:00 
VaMP-ire Killer

me and my mentor had a talk about it last night and when I said about mendo, he advised me not to try it because hes tried it and never got on with it (and we both play the same FH style, remember our FH and blade are exactly the same!)

I sugested getting spin max, although while he agreed I never got the best out of it when using it on J-pen ad that 2.0mm would be good, he basicly said im supid for wanting something new because I play very well with the setup, and after looking at the rubber, its dirty and looks like its impossible to get life back into it

so for now, Im gona buy a fresh sheet of half-long and magna, and also spinmax, caus I believe that would work on the rubber, and I can use it on the pimples (ive had some interesting results putting spinmax on half-long, felt faster and easier to get some backspin on), i can always buy some spinsonic if i want

Set Up: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Butterfly Tenergy 05FX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 22:04 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I don't think you're stupid for wanting to upgrade to something that is a more modern rubber. Don't know the likelihood of Magna ever being discontinued, but I don't think it hurts to try other things to see if there's an improvement that can be made. You can always come back to Magna too.

You can drive a car nicely on standard tyres, but when they're due for replacement and you want some extra performance, wider lower profile tyres can deliver what standard ones can't. :wink:

I realised Mendo was actually designed to be Speedglued, so I don't think they are your answer. Try Roxon 450 or Omega II or III. All very nice and fast. I can't believe the power I get from O II in 1.8. And control is great.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 23:25 
VaMP-ire Killer

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
I don't think you're stupid for wanting to upgrade to something that is a more modern rubber. Don't know the likelihood of Magna ever being discontinued, but I don't think it hurts to try other things to see if there's an improvement that can be made. You can always come back to Magna too.

You can drive a car nicely on standard tyres, but when they're due for replacement and you want some extra performance, wider lower profile tyres can deliver what standard ones can't. :wink:

I realised Mendo was actually designed to be Speedglued, so I don't think they are your answer. Try Roxon 450 or Omega II or III. All very nice and fast. I can't believe the power I get from O II in 1.8. And control is great.

yea I see what you mean, however another year wouldnt help, infact because im planing to keep the old rubbers and stuff, it might be wise to pick up some on the cheap from OOAK, ive always wanted to see if cream and others would suit me

oh god....... thats the first signs of EJ :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2009, 01:08 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Gotcha! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But very true! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2009, 01:33 
VaMP-ire Killer

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Gotcha! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But very true! :wink:

why have you done this to me :P

anyways, if this is the case, I might need a case or something to keep hold of all the spare rubbers lol

dammit reb, you've given me life of an EJ-er and now all I can think about is how would I make sure I dont lose it all lmao