OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 03 May 2024, 23:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2007, 01:36 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
Hah!

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2007, 09:24 
Super User

No, I wasn't actually making a comment on being on/off topic, but now you come to mention it ... :D

It was simply me being astounded :shock: that so many people have read this thread. It just seems a really large number compared to other threads so it got me to wondering "What is it about this topic which invites so much interest?"

AF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2007, 22:22 
A Beautiful Brain

Hi Silver, I am interested in getting your opinion as to why the tape might affect feel of the bat...
I have always used tape like that so I would not know what else to expect..I suppose that the tape would be no different than a slightly different rubber or blade...

Silver wrote:
the tape will change the feel of the bat a bit.

Any thoughts,

fosss

PS and Oh! yes, and to make this post a legal EE11 post (lol) I will give a small few words about EE11 compared to Falco Unlimited (FU)and Falco Booster(FB).
The Falco Glue is very satisfying to use and the dome on several rubbers I have treated is great and has always been larger and quicker than I ever achieved with EE11...but... comparing a VOC free glue to a sponge expander is probably not fair...except the fact that it is VOC free and makes great long lasting domes.

Comparing sponge expanders.... that would be EE11 compared to Falco Booster...
EE11 does not dry out much and surplus needs to be cleaned off before gluing and the domes are slow to happen..FB creates great domes and works well before FU..FB also dries out nicely

Now having said all of that EE11 is supposed to last for many months, but I have personally not experienced that..

When I pulled off an heavily EE11 treated rubber after a few weeks there was no dome...and if it is at all possible, the EE11 may have slightly leeched from the sponge through to the topsheet making it impossible to get any tack from applying Spinmax...or it may have been just the tack free rubber it was applied to (F3)

As I am always fiddling it is no trouble to remove a FU, FB treated rubber and rub the glue off (easy to do) and reapply the FB expander and FU speed glue....and we should remember that FU and FB are designed to work together for maximum speed glue effect and for maximum time as possible, although they will work well individually with other products...such a another booster with the FU or another Glue with the FB...but you cannot go past the FU as a VOC free speed glue...

The thing about it is that no more than 2 layers of either FU or FB is needed, and they are so satisfying to use, and huge domes are achievable with some rubbers,doming until the two topsheet edges are touching and even further.
I probably should place a disclaimer here and that is that these opinions on EE11, FU and FB are only one individuals opinion...other folk may have differing opinions

fosss

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2007, 06:43 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes I pretty much agree with fosssil...

I do think EEII has it's place, but can't compete in terms of speed glue effect.

It is quite suitable for those that want a little bit of extra performance out of their rubber for an extended period. Particularly if you're not going to speed glue the rubber, a EEII treatment will loosen up a rubber and makes it more responsive / dynamic immediately. Chinese rubbers are often a little stiff when you first get them, and a single EEII treatment does wonders for it. It does improve every rubber that I have tried, without making it too fast to control...so it can even be used for defensive players, unless you need a real dead sponge.
It also makes it more responsive to speed glue, so as pre-treatment before you glue it may also be worthwhile.

It's a little messier to use, but once you work out a good procedure it's not bad at all IMO...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2007, 15:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I have elaborated on this in a little more detail on my blog, for anyone that's interested:

Table tennis Blog - EEII

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 12:59 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
Yesterday, I have finally placed 2 layers of EEII on one of my Long A 1.1, trying to make it softer. After the first layer and left it for 6 hours, nothing happened, so I put the second layer on last night at around 10 PM. I noticed a small reverse hump this morning and as of right now, after almost 22 hours, the reverse hump is still there, what should I do?

Can I put the sheet on the blade anyway? Or should I wait til the sponge sheet is flatten out again? Very anxious.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12