OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 03 May 2024, 18:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2007, 12:18 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Actually I lied.
I've done 3 layers within 12 hrs.

Forgot about the 2nd one... was late at night

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2007, 12:46 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
How big was the dome? Make sure you clean off the oil on the surface (with paper towel, work for me) before you out it on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2007, 12:54 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Not much of a dome yet. It's sort of floppy. Supports itself only about 5mm up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2007, 13:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Must be different for different sponges...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2007, 10:04 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Some of my rubber have taken it better than others. I let the first one stay on overnight, then put a few more light to medium ones on a few hours apart, or whenever it looked like it absorbed enough. The rubbers sure do dome and you have to wipe down and rubber cement the dogcrap out of the sponge before it adheres to the blade aworth anything.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2007, 10:46 
I am Legend
I am Legend

My G2FX has aquired a very good dome after 36 hrs.
I'm going to cut and stick it onto a blade once I get some clean chack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 09:03 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
I hope you have better luck getting it to remain stuck to the blade with Clean Chack. I used that same glue 4 times on Sriver FX EE II treated and batted 0 for 4. It stuck good after the third try at regular rubber cement and a press.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2007, 23:01 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Here's Sheepcoate's massive dome pic of his EEII treated JUIC 999 Elite Ultima:

How many layers did you use?

Did you have trouble sticking it to the blade?

How did it play?

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2007, 06:49 

I applied 3 coats. It absorbed the first coat very quickly and not much dome. By the third I was more that impressed.

There was no oil residue left on the rubber, it assorbed all the expander.

I have only had a quick hit with it. It plays spinnier and quicker, overall I am quite impressed with the transofrmation, the rubber has come to life. This was always a good rubber, but now it's moved up a notch. The sound has also changed, it's clicking, not the dull thud noise.

Sticking down proved tricky, after several attempts and layers of normal glue it stayed there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 21:01 

I got some EEII in the mail yesterday and already had a sheet of
Sriver EL and a sheet of H2 waiting to recieve.
Well, the first coat was absorbed almost instantly and after 3 hours there was virtually no trace of it, so I applied another coat-- this time a little thicker. I got up this morning and after it has sat with the second coat for 8 hours the H2 has a dome of about 1/2cm and the Sriver has no dome at all. There is some residual fluid around the edge of the H2, but none on the Sriver.
When I get home from work today I'll apply one more coat and then that will be it. I hope I get some sort of expansion from this. So far there's no indication at all of any kind of dome effect, except for a very minor amount with the H2.
My biggest gripe with the EEII is the lack of directions, unless you read chinese. When they ship this stuff to english speaking countries they should include a little pamphlet in english. I was concerned about the amount I used both times as well as the waiting time. Thankfully this thread answered some questions for me before I got busy with it.

I wonder if the thickness of the sponge has a big impact on the amount used, waiting time and reaction? Both the Sriver and H2 are max.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2007, 22:17 

Well, after 3 coats and about 5 days waiting, the rubber produced a dome, although not a large one. Close enough for me. I put 2 layers of glue on the blade and the rubber, stuck it and took it to the club on friday night. I have to say that I was surprised at how lively the rubber was. I've never used H2 before, and Haven't used Sriver since high school (never used Sriver EL) and I have to say that I was very impressed. I ended up being paired with a chopper and discovered that H2 excells at that. Im not really a chopper, but being paired with one gave me the opportunity to practice that aspect of the game. About an hour in to our practice my rubber caught the table top and pulled away on one side. It had been pulling up on the edges since I got to practice but hadn't really lifted. When I got home I gave it two more coats or glue and it hasn't pulled up since.
I love the effect of EEII and can't wait to give it another workout. In the meantime I have a sheet of Globe 999T and Cream/Transcend that just recieved the third coat of EEII and they're doming nicely.
The stuff is easy enough to work with and I think that using at least 3 coats of glue is needed to get a good bond between blade and rubber, but drying the sponge with a paper towel will help the glue do it's job.
Overall, EEII seems to be great stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 May 2007, 03:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I wouldn't usually call H2 lively rubber unglued, so it sounds like you had success. I find 3 coats are good with thick soft sponge and 2 is better with thinner. I like to let it dry at least 24 hours after the first coat.

I haven't been using hard sponges recently, but I would guess that more is better than less. The chief danger is getting the EEII on the topsheet as that can cause bubbling or cuase the sheet to delaminate, so I avoid applying it near the edges of an uncut sheet of rubber.

-- Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 May 2007, 04:15 

Hi Andrew, I've had no experience with H2 at all and I was worried it would be some bizarre hybrid of tacky, hard, fast, or any combination of the same. It turned out to be lively but not bouncy, fast but very controlled and as spinny as I could hope for without being overly tacky.
I found H2 to be a great rubber for getting back from the table a few feet-- something I had hoped for with FasterIII, but it just doesn't deliver the goods like the H2 does. FasterIII has a very low throw and seemed inconsistent as hell, often dumping balls to the side or even popping them up. At first I thought it was me until my son said, "Hey dad, what's wrong with your paddle?" I guess he noticed it acting strange too. I'd buy H2 again in a heartbeat, but only if I had some EEII on hand to treat it with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 May 2007, 04:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I've treated a number of sheets of Globe 999, Palio CJ8000, Dawei Inspirit and LKT XP with Ecolo Expander II and it seems to make a real difference, but the sheets are much less bouncy than with soft sponge european rubbers I've tried, like Joola Samba. I hate bounciness.

So it should work well with Hurricane II as long as you keep the EE2 away from the topsheet/sponge join.

-- Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 May 2007, 05:03 

I did see the topsheet puckering a bit on both the Sriver and H2, just around the edge in a couple places. Luckily for me it was well to the outside and didn't affect the part I needed. I'm being more careful with this second round of rubbers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next