OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 14:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2007, 12:50 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Photino for now
FH: Haifu Blue Whale for now
BH: Donic Bluefire for now
I've played one Doublefish table and it was very high quality. Really nice fold up model. They make the coolest looking solid non mobile table ever. Their roller is very nice. I played the 99-45B, but the Volant is cool looking! If you get a chance to hit on one of those I heard they are exceptional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2007, 15:20 

srs13, the double fish playing surface holds its own against similar thickness stigas and butterflys, it might even play a little better because of the frame it sits on. Thats the double fishes biggest advantage over the euro/jap branded tables, a much better frame for similar money.

I noticed in the ebay add that the brand and model of table isnt actually specified, they have photos of both Double Fish and DHS tables. If its an 18mm Double Fish the retail would be closer to $500-$600 than the $990 stated. My double fish, which is probably the same model thats being sold is the 201 or 201B(blue) if you want to check with the seller. It cost just over $400 delivered and was best table I found for under $500

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2007, 16:57 
Super User

ROM wrote:
srs13, the double fish playing surface holds its own against similar thickness stigas and butterflys, it might even play a little better because of the frame it sits on. Thats the double fishes biggest advantage over the euro/jap branded tables, a much better frame for similar money.

I noticed in the ebay add that the brand and model of table isnt actually specified, they have photos of both Double Fish and DHS tables. If its an 18mm Double Fish the retail would be closer to $500-$600 than the $990 stated. My double fish, which is probably the same model thats being sold is the 201 or 201B(blue) if you want to check with the seller. It cost just over $400 delivered and was best table I found for under $500

Hey ROM, where did you get it from for $400?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2007, 20:04 

ROM wrote:

I have asked the seller this question. If it is indeed a Double Fish or DHS branded table than I will go for this. If unbranded ie no name will look elsewhere. Will advise.

Too many table out there. I checked out Rob's website and Dawei table are also in the price range!!!!

Haggisv - start selling tables and make it easy for us :thumright:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2007, 20:33 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
srs13 wrote:
Haggisv - start selling tables and make it easy for us :thumright:

Yep, working on it already :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2007, 06:21 

andrefox, I got it from the double fish wholesaler in melbourne, it took a bit of haggling but I got it for $420 delivered. I think they advertise on ebay every now and then as bezel or bezel tech which is the company name they trade under.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2007, 07:06 

Heard back from the seller and the brand is 'Double Star' is this a no name brand?

Might contact the Double fish agent and go to Rebel Sport

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2007, 14:17 

srs13, I havent heard of double star but theres plenty of Chinese brands that just arent interested in exporting so they dont get much press. The actual stats in the add look good though.

I noticed that the double fish guys are on ebay again, just search double fish and it should be there. The table pictured is the table I have. I might put up a couple of photos of my table later if I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2007, 16:20 

Heres a few photos as promised. . .

Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2007, 13:55 

ROM wrote:
andrefox, I got it from the double fish wholesaler in melbourne, it took a bit of haggling but I got it for $420 delivered. I think they advertise on ebay every now and then as bezel or bezel tech which is the company name they trade under.

Where in Aust are you? Was it recently? He gave me a higher price than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2007, 16:51 

I'm in melbourne and it was a few months ago. I paid cash so that would probably have something to do with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2007, 17:49 

OK thanks - on ebay its $40 delivery to Melb and $80 to Sydney, where I am.

Will see how it goes.

Thanks for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2007, 10:40 

No problem, hope it goes well.

Post subject: Champion table?
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2008, 18:28 

Anybody know of the Champion table?
See: http://www.affordablett.com.au/shop/pro ... ucts_id=70

How are they compare to the Double Fish table?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2008, 13:09 

Bought a Table at K-Mart. Wait for it, it's a four piece! I got it when K-mart had their 4 day sale. Original price was $100 reduced to $60. I thought wow bargain so I got it. I was looking for a table for the garage to practice on with my mates and my brother. I went to rebel they had the Stiga tables for around $300-500 mark then went to Big-W $150-300.
The table plays ok for a bargain buy. It has wheels, it folds up and you can playback as well. The only drawback is it has a uneven bounce on the center where the table piece joins. But overall it's a good practice table.
We've been playing it everyday since we got it! Love it