OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 01 May 2024, 00:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 00:20 
Super User

Played anyone ? Is it tacky ? Is good for spin serves? Good for looping ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 02:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

There's a very comprehensive review on this site: http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/god_favored.htm

If you're used to a softer sponge rubber like Cermet on your heavy Mazunov you may find that God Favored is too hard and heavy for you.

-- Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 10:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
hah hah, i forgot there was a review there :lol: Good on you LawOCG foe the great review, and good on you Andrew for finding it :lol:

Post subject: God Favored SST-729
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2008, 14:24 

I guess this review is for someone wanting to move up from a cheap premade paddle taking advantage of the incredible price this is selling for on eBay. I am not an expert so if you are this review is not what you're looking for. This was the second real rubber I have tried coming off a premade Halex paddle( The first was Palio CJ8000 which was a lot like this one). This rubber sells very cheaply on eBay so I thought what the heck? I bought a red and black 2.2mm and put them on an old paddle using rubber cement(with a little bit of thinner). The paddle weighed about 110 grams without the rubber. Pretty heavy by todays standards. Playing with this paddle was like playing a totally different game. This may sound like a joke but it's not. My usual ping pong partners don't really like playing anymore if I use this paddle. It's not fun for them. The serves are completely unreturnable. When I put backspin on a serve the return goes straight down into the table. Way spinier than any premade paddle I ever tried. When I put sidespin, the ball shoots off the table to the side. The ball loops incredibly. And the control is incredible too. Rallies are pretty short. With short pips rallies are longer and more exciting I think. HOWEVER, there are a few guys I have never beaten and with this rubber they do not stand a chance, so I'm keeping it. Backhand close to the table smashes are great, even if the ball is low. Of course I have been working on this shot for a few months with the Halex. With my Halex paddle, my stokes were longer and more exagerated. With this rubber my strokes are shorter. Maybe that's why I get more control. Chop shots should be illegal as my opponent has ABSOLUTLY NO CHANCE of returning it. At least the people I play. It's kind of cool playing a pro rubber. But it's a different game. I can't imagine what it must be like playing someone who has years of experience with spinny rubber. I can hardly wait to try other rubbers, especially the expensive European stuff. Is it really that much better or is stuff just really cheap coming out of China? If you are using a premade paddle you have absolutely no idea what you are missing. The rubber is pretty fragile though. But who cares if it's so cheap. I keep the plastic sheet that it came with on it if I'm not using it. And believe it or not you have to clean it after every use. It attracts a lot of dust and fingerprints. I've found a wet rag to be the best, paper towels leave too much lint. I'm afraid to use soap...will I scrub off the sticky coating? Or is the whole rubber sticky through and through in which case it might get stickier if I scrub it? Anyway I highly recommend it for your first foray into real rubbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2008, 17:43 
The King

Yes, the right material can make a huge difference to your game, especially when changing from a premade bat. Most tacky/sticky chinese rubbers attract a lot of dust. Just clean with water(not too hot) and dry completely before attaching the protective sheet.

Great to read your game improved so much. However, once your opponents get used to your new rubbers they will have less problems with it probably, keep that in mind.

material-wise, I don't think you would have more of an advantage using european rubbers. The good thing about asian rubbers is that there are many very spinny rubbers and it's mostly the spin that causes problems for your opponents in your case. Very few, if any, euro rubbers come close to spinny asian rubbers in terms of spin.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2008, 20:14 
Super User

Elvis56 wrote:
Very few, if any, euro rubbers come close to spinny asian rubbers in terms of spin.

100% agree

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2008, 20:54 
Super User

Same experience here. However, not sure if Juic's tacky Euro rubbers can probably give the best of both worlds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2008, 21:36 
Super User

Yeah the 999 Elite topsheet is really tacky. It was sticky when new, then lost the stickiness, then now just tacky. Doesn't pick up balls but still quite tacky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2008, 23:22 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I had a red sheet and a black sheet of God Favoured. Wasn't too bad, but didn't think it was fantastic. Pretty heavy and not as tacky as some. Blocked reasonably well, gave ok spin. I would say H3, Globe 999 Nat or Dawei IQ are all better IMO. 729-40S is not tacky but spins as well as the GF, and is just as fast but better control. I sold the GF's off as I didn't see them ever being of much use to me, especially as I only use one inverted at a time LOL.

I have just put a set of Palio Hadous on an instinct+ blade. These rubbers feel mega grippy with a nice looking topsheet. The purple sponge on the black is funky. Never used Palio before, but I had a brief hit to get their feel and I was pleasantly surprised at how well they seemed they would loop, spin and block. A mate will be getting this one though. I haven't decided to leave the dark side yet :twisted:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject: GF 729
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2008, 11:03 

Thanks for the rubber suggestions. Elvis was right, I played one of my usual pin pong buddies today and he was definitely adapting to the spin. He was using another paddle I made from the Palio I got online (Two sheets for $12 shipped) so that helped. He agreed, it's a totally different game. The Palio CJ8000 economical version was I think heavier than the God favored although I didn't weigh them. I put the Halio on a much lighter and smaller paddle and it feels just right. On the larger paddle it was way too head heavy. I also have another paddle that is HUGE. The palying surface is 6.5 inches wide by 7 inches high. I put Butterfly Tackiness-C 1.5 on one side (again cheap on eBay) and ordered Dr Neubaur Super Block for the other side(not cheap, straight from the good doctor). Getting back to the God Favored. Only when my opponent used the Palio paddle could he compete. Either of these paddle against a premade paddle isn't much of a contest. So if you are using a premade, you must order some of these rubber sheets from China and put them on your paddle instead. Thanks again to the group for the rubber suggestions, if you say they are better than the GF I'm definitely going to give a few of them a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2008, 21:25 
Super User

vali wrote:
Elvis56 wrote:
Very few, if any, euro rubbers come close to spinny asian rubbers in terms of spin.

100% agree

Well I found Tibhar Nimbus Soft to be a spin machine. Is is not tacky but gives an incredibly amount of spin.

PostPosted: 14 May 2012, 00:14 
Super User

Hi,

Looking for a replacement to mine 729FX, with more abilities for loops, I tried some weeks ago this 729 SST God-Favored in black 1,8mm.

This is a rubber with amazing control and it gave me immediately an great improvement of my game, especially with straight shots and loops.

This rubber deserve to be better known.

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!