OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 03 May 2024, 09:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Galaxy MC series
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2007, 15:54 
Super User

I didn't found anything about them only that are varnished with some crystal . How are MCs playing ? Are the blades hard , soft , rigid, fast?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2007, 22:29 

Hello,

maybe I can help a bit. I made a series of tests with all Galaxy blades. All the tests were done by polish 1st league team, so the players who made that tests are very experienced in table tennis. Unfortunatelly all of the tests are in polish, I will try to write the main points.

The manufacturer data:

All the MC blades have a special micro grain plies (inside and outside the blade). One ply is 0,3-0,7mm. Outside it protects the wood (like varnish), inside it increases the speed and elasticy of the blade. The wood used in the MC series is softer and lighter, to lower the vibration and increase control.
MC1 is 5 wood +2 carbon
MC2 is 5 wood
MC3 is 7 wood +6 carbon :? :lol:
MC4 is 5 wood +2 carbon

The tests:

All the MC blades are better for medium and hard sponge rubbers. (They were tested on approx 10 different rubbers including long pimple rubbers).

MC-1 . It is fast blade (OFF/OFF+), so for a player who uses slower blades, it takes at least a week to get used to that speed. It is one of the best blade for smashes, it has a good elasticy (catapult) in that element and extreme speed. It is not good for pimple out rubbers, it is too hard for that kind of rubbers. The topspin is very easy, but only in close to the table game. The more away form the table, it is harder to play with topspin, it takes even a few weeks of practice, to play a game away from the table with MC1. If you are able to handle that speed, your opponents will be simply crashed.

MC-2. It is quite similar to W6 (it's a bit harder and faster than W6, and it's better for harder sponge rubbers). MC2 is much easier to handle in mid distance and away from the table. It has a very good control, so it can be used also for faster allround play. It's speed is like OFF-/OFF.

MC-3. It is exactly like MC1, but a bit faster (OFF+) and with a little less control. I quess it is 9ply blade, not a 13 ply :lol:

MC-4. It has a thinner and shorter handle (not good for people with bigger hands). It is like ALL blade, but nothing special. It is very good for smashes. Expcept that, a typical ALL blade with enough control. It's for amateur players who likes to play with harder rubbers.

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2007, 01:07 
Super User

Thanx ! Great job ! Welcome to another east-european ... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2007, 08:16 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
propong wrote:
Hello,

maybe I can help a bit. I made a series of tests with all Galaxy blades. All the tests were done by polish 1st league team, so the players who made that tests are very experienced in table tennis. Unfortunatelly all of the tests are in polish, I will try to write the main points.

The manufacturer data:

All the MC blades have a special micro grain plies (inside and outside the blade). One ply is 0,3-0,7mm. Outside it protects the wood (like varnish), inside it increases the speed and elasticy of the blade. The wood used in the MC series is softer and lighter, to lower the vibration and increase control.
MC1 is 5 wood +2 carbon
MC2 is 5 wood
MC3 is 7 wood +6 carbon :? :lol:
MC4 is 5 wood +2 carbon

The tests:

All the MC blades are better for medium and hard sponge rubbers. (They were tested on approx 10 different rubbers including long pimple rubbers).

MC-1 . It is fast blade (OFF/OFF+), so for a player who uses slower blades, it takes at least a week to get used to that speed. It is one of the best blade for smashes, it has a good elasticy (catapult) in that element and extreme speed. It is not good for pimple out rubbers, it is too hard for that kind of rubbers. The topspin is very easy, but only in close to the table game. The more away form the table, it is harder to play with topspin, it takes even a few weeks of practice, to play a game away from the table with MC1. If you are able to handle that speed, your opponents will be simply crashed.

MC-2. It is quite similar to W6 (it's a bit harder and faster than W6, and it's better for harder sponge rubbers). MC2 is much easier to handle in mid distance and away from the table. It has a very good control, so it can be used also for faster allround play. It's speed is like OFF-/OFF.

MC-3. It is exactly like MC1, but a bit faster (OFF+) and with a little less control. I quess it is 9ply blade, not a 13 ply :lol:

MC-4. It has a thinner and shorter handle (not good for people with bigger hands). It is like ALL blade, but nothing special. It is very good for smashes. Expcept that, a typical ALL blade with enough control. It's for amateur players who likes to play with harder rubbers.

regards

Welcome to the forum propong! Wow that is an excellent post, very good informations, thank you!

I did see the MC-3 in the catalogue, but I assume that when it said 6 carbon layers, it was a mistake....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 07:14 
Super User

What about the MC FL handle?Is the handle similar as shape to W series ? Cause I love it ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 07:54 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
I have two MC-1 blades. Very nice but I would rate them Off, the W-1 is faster.
The MC-1 has just a little touch of vibration. The W-1 none. Both have a softer feel than you would expect, no "ping" like some other fast blades.
The construction of the W-1 I find interesting. The 1/8" center wood layer has the grain going from blade face to blade face. It does not extend into the handle, stopping about where the rubber stops.
Both of these blades are very nice but I can tell which I am using without looking. Both MC-1s play just like the other one. Same for the W-1s. Good indicator of quality in my book.
I also like the flared handle. It is larger than some other blades. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 08:02 

vali, maybe some more detailed pictures will help:

W1

MC1

I think if you like the W1, the MC1 flared handle should also fit you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 08:52 
Super User

Thanks guys ! I actually thought of MC-2 (I tried W2) and from the pics it is obvious that is the same handle type ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 08:59 

Below pictures of MC-2 and W2 FL:

MC-2

W2

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 09:14 
Super User

Thanks again , now it seems that are some little differences -W2 looks conical and MC-2 flared ... We'll live and see ... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 09:19 
Super User

In other words : MC2's handle is more like W series or more like T series ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2008, 06:07 
Super User

Well , the handle is flared not conical like W -series

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2008, 03:02 

Like Hookshot, I also have two MC-1 blades and use one for my main bat. I would safely say that the speed is probably OFF, about the speed of a TBS, not as fast as a Primorac Carbon. As said previously, it does have a hint of vibration, but nothing like a WRB, Senso, or any hollow handled blade. Great quality blade IMO, that plays more like a Arylate Carbon blade than a regular carbon because of its softer feeling and the carbon layers being buried more toward the core instead of right underneath the outer ply.

pongcrazy

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2008, 04:51 

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi Pongcrazy,,,
Perfect description! :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2008, 02:11 
Super User

Anyone happen to know what type(s) of wood is W-1 made of?