OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 06 May 2024, 22:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2006, 19:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I have just added a comprehensive new review of this rubbers, thank to LawOCG. Instead of copying it, here is the link:

Review of Dawei Inspirit

Sounds like it might be a real alternative to Butterfly Bryce or Bryce FX...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2006, 20:40 
Don Skaffa

but did the ITTF en Dawei make up or is it still illegal?
Sounds promising but reading both reviews they both have a diffrent opinion about speed and the effect glue has on it. Always hard to judge a rubber solely on reviews... It's not expensive so I might want to try one some day.
But sounds promising really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2006, 21:38 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

The ITTF and Dawei issues have been resolved since the payment was made to the ITTF, so these are legal again.

I think this rubber is quite effective even without glue, but I've heard it does glue up quite well too. I first review is from a player that has written quite a few reviews for us, and I hold this person in high regard.

The second review I believe is from quite an experienced player too, but not a player I know much about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2006, 21:11 
Dreamshaker

Hey Alex. How would you compare this inspirit rubber to 729 Highpoint?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2006, 22:14 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

A very good question leeroy, unfortunately I don't have an answer yet since I have not yet tried the inspirit...I would expect it to have a lot of simularities...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2006, 22:18 
Angel of Abbyss

I will try it soon but I have not try the highpoint so it will be difficult to compare.

http://www.diabolosyl.net (my own site)
http://www.tennis-de-table.com (biggest forum in France)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2007, 20:03 
Rubber Killer!

The dawei inspirit is quite special. Its very unique as it almost combines the best of both worlds (jap and chinese). Ive had a brief hit with the highpoint before.

I remember the first time I tried the highpoint I was expecting it to be a donic F1 which was where I went wrong. It definitely has simliarity in feeling but the speed was not there.

By saying that I dont mean its slow at all, because its not. Its just not up there with the superfast F1.

Compared to the inspirit, I would say the inspirit is a tad bit faster. spin wise the highpoint is better as its softer sponge allows you to grip the ball more.

The feeling for both rubbers cant really be compared as its like comparing japanese feeling to german feeling. Similiar characteristics in their respective categories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2007, 20:47 
Dreamshaker

Wow thanks so much for that LawOCG. That is really helpful.

Highpoint isn't super fast but it has a much better short game than I expected. I tried tango which is much more springy than Highpoint.

This Saviga sounds good. I heard the Dawei tensor sponges are on the fast side. A guy at club I played at tried the Sprungfeders and he thought they were very fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2007, 21:24 
Rubber Killer!

Not a problem :) glad I can help

Yeah, But the downside with all german rubbers is their durability which is bad. Most dont last over 2months.

I havnt tried the saviga yet as Im still in love with my CJ8000Looping untensioned version.

Im expecting the saviga to resemble inspirit but with a harder sponge? then again you are able to pick the sponge hardness's so maybe thats not it. When I get around to it, Ill be sure to post a review.

Dawei sponges are indeed very fast to me . The sprungfeders on the right blades are an absolutely bliss to play with. this is the same with the inspirit. Glued up they excel and give about 20% more performance.

Im starting to notice a trend though. All the rubbers with tensioned (kebab) sponges have a slightly ugly stiff feeling to them. I cant really describe it but its like there's a slight loss in feel.

a few rubbers that fit this are. CJ8000 any of the tension versions. Same with yasaka zap/new era..the sprung feders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2007, 21:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

The reverse tensioned one (like sprungfeder) have quite an insensitive topsheet, which is most likely because the topsheet is actually under some compression (instead of tension). This is why some people don't like reverse tensioned rubbers.

I have not noticed the feeling that you decribed LawOCG, I've used the sprungfeder for about a year...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2007, 15:59 
Rubber Killer!

For the past year Ive mainly been playing with CJ8000's the Tensioned loop,speed and allround. All of my sheets were kebabs and had a weird feeling to them. Its only in the last 2 months that Ive switched back to the untensioned versions. IMO theres not that much of a big difference. You trade off maybe 5% of speed and in return gain much more feeling.

I cant definitely say that about the sprungfeder's as Ive only used the A-2, and A-4 briefly. The A-2 was my own sheet and I glued it up, It clicked wonderfully and was fine, but there was a very distinct stiff feeling in mine. although the topsheet is quite soft once the ball sinks past it and reaches the sponge, thats where I get that stiff thunk feeling.

as for the A-4, that was my friends and it was unglued. I didnt like that at all.

maybe its just difference in opinion as we all feel rubbers differently :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007, 04:25 

oh .. my initial thought was that Dawei was a China product.
After I received my new blade this morning, I was so shocked Inspirit was made in Japan ...

Gotta try it this Wednesday afternoon .. can't wait. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007, 08:55 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Kyle wrote:
oh .. my initial thought was that Dawei was a China product.
After I received my new blade this morning, I was so shocked Inspirit was made in Japan ...

Gotta try it this Wednesday afternoon .. can't wait. :D

Dawei IS a chinese product and IS made in CHina. They claim things are 'designed' in Japan, and like to mention Japan on their products, but note it does NOT actually say 'Made in Japan'.

You mentioned a blade, did you get a blade as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2007, 10:54 

oh yeah. Looking at the package carefully, it's only "designed in Japan", "manufactured in china". I was fooled by the JTTAA cop :lol:

Yeah .. I just bought new sets of equipment .. including shoes, and bat casing as well. The one I'm having is ten years ago, so I think it's time to change now. Plus, I just found the momentum that has once lost 9 years ago. That was a really terrible experience where my hand and body can get stunt and not moving at all. Now that I found it back, I would like to keep this momentum and not losing it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2007, 10:50 

I find that Inspirit is very good for looping. But it terms of hitting the ball as a forehand play, doesn't seems to be as good. I mean it's ok, just not as consistent as RITC 729. And the ball doesn't seem to be moving very fast.

Still, with all the looping, I manage to defeat another player that I've never defeated before - although I was just using it for the first time.

I'll give it more practise, probably could be improved. Perhaps need to adjust a bit.

Btw, is Inspirit a high tension rubber like Bryce ?