OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 06 May 2024, 07:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 61  Next
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 17:17 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Does anyone know please where you can read each candidates manifesto, more background about them and their experience, what their vision and mission statements are for taking the ITTF and table tennis at all levels of play forward and their reasons for standing?

It's the most powerful position in table tennis and as the decisions the ITTF directly affect local league play, I'd like to know a little more about the candidates my national association will be voting for particularly to see if either candidate has any surprises planned regarding rule changes and promoting table tennis.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 17:39 
King of Ping!

Election Result:

Adham Sharara 133 votes
Alaor Azevedo 21 votes

Total votes 154 associations

I will answer all other questions after 7 May.

The results of the Proposals after Board of Directors meeting (2 May 2009)

Please watch the 2009 WTTC on itTV (www.ittf.com)

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 17:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Congratulations Adham!

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 17:52 
I am Legend
I am Legend

congratulations!

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 21:00 
VaMP-ire Killer

congratulations! and wow what a margin, it must show how much people feel you have done for the game. keep up the good work adham :D

Set Up: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Butterfly Tenergy 05FX

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 21:46 
Super User

adham wrote:
Election Result:

Adham Sharara 133 votes
Alaor Azevedo 21 votes

Total votes 154 associations

There are 205 associations in ITTF. That means, that 51 associations did not vote.

I wonder why.

PostPosted: 01 May 2009, 01:10 
The Artist
The Artist

Congratulations :)

PostPosted: 01 May 2009, 07:35 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Congratulations Adham,
Were you elected for 2 or 4 years? I know it was stated here but I have not found it.

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

PostPosted: 01 May 2009, 08:19 
King of Ping!

156 associations were present. The others did not come. It is rather expensive to get to Japan. The correct voting is as follows (I got the correct figures now):

156 votes possible
less: 3 spoiled ballots
Adham: 133 votes
Alaor: 20 votes

By the way, it is a volunteer position without any pay.

More criticism is welcome.

Will answer all questions after 7 May.

watch itTV

PostPosted: 01 May 2009, 10:26 
Super User

speedplay wrote:
They were banned :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry Adham, couldn't resist this opportunity :lol:

Banned in order to prevent voter fraud.

Or for health reasons. A representative of a member association once collapsed after voting. :)

PostPosted: 04 May 2009, 21:12 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Adham, I think there were 19 propositions regarding the rules of table tennis which required a 2/3rds majority at the AGM 2009. Of particular interest for me were proposals 3, 5 and 6. I have asked a question after 3 and 5.

No.3 Proposed by the Chinese Table Tennis Association
To modify paragraph 2.4.3
2.4.3 A side of the blade used for striking the ball shall be covered with either ordinary pimpled rubber, with pimples outwards having a total thickness including adhesive of not more than 2mm, or sandwich rubber, with pimples inwards or outwards having a total thickness excluding adhesives of not more than 3.8mm and including adhesives of not more than 4mm.

[By this the total thickness of a sandwich rubber without any adhesive would be limited to 3.8mm. The thickness of rubber plus adhesive would remain unchanged.]

If this was implemented would anyone who had bought a rubber which was 4mm in thickness before applying glue, not be able to use it?

No.5 Proposed by the Rules Committee
To modify paragraph 2.4.7
2.4.7 The racket covering shall be used in the original condition without any physical, chemical or other treatment, changing or modifying playing properties, friction, outlook, colour, structure, surface etc

[By this the inconsistency that a table tennis Law refers to a Regulation for International Competition (authorisation of racket coverings) would be avoided.]

If this was implemented, will it mean no Association in the world will be able, by the rules of table tennis alone, to prevent the use of any "legal" as opposed to "authorised" rubber from use in a Competition where that competition is not governed by the ITTF rules of competition. For example, frictionless long pimples and any other legal rubber which isn't on the ITTF "authorised" list - legal being by definition complying with the rules of table tennis rather than Technical Leaflet T4 - which is a technical leaflet and not a legal requirement.

No.6 Proposed by the Austrian Table Tennis Association
To modify paragraph 2.6.2
2.6.2 The server shall then project the ball upwards, without imparting spin, so that it rises at least 16cm after leaving the palm of the free hand and then falls at least 16cm without touching anything before being struck

[By this the “near vertical” ball projection at service would be replaced by an “upward” projection. At the same time a minimum “falling distance”, equal to the “projection distance”, would be required.]

Please advise when a decision on these rules will be announced by the ITTF and what the likely date is, if accepted, for their implementation in to the rules of table tennis. If the ITTF have announced their decisions, where can I find them please?

Thanks

PostPosted: 04 May 2009, 21:18 
King of Ping!

KREANGA01 wrote:
Hello everybody,
For the election of Mr Sharara I hope it is for less time as possible.

For 4 years. Next election in 2013.

PostPosted: 04 May 2009, 21:28 
King of Ping!

Debater wrote:
Adham, I think there were 19 propositions regarding the rules of table tennis which required a 2/3rds majority at the AGM 2009. Of particular interest for me were proposals 3, 5 and 6. I have asked a question after 3 and 5.

No.3 Proposed by the Chinese Table Tennis Association
To modify paragraph 2.4.3
2.4.3 A side of the blade used for striking the ball shall be covered with either ordinary pimpled rubber, with pimples outwards having a total thickness including adhesive of not more than 2mm, or sandwich rubber, with pimples inwards or outwards having a total thickness excluding adhesives of not more than 3.8mm and including adhesives of not more than 4mm.

[By this the total thickness of a sandwich rubber without any adhesive would be limited to 3.8mm. The thickness of rubber plus adhesive would remain unchanged.]

If this was implemented would anyone who had bought a rubber which was 4mm in thickness before applying glue, not be able to use it?

No.5 Proposed by the Rules Committee
To modify paragraph 2.4.7
2.4.7 The racket covering shall be used in the original condition without any physical, chemical or other treatment, changing or modifying playing properties, friction, outlook, colour, structure, surface etc

[By this the inconsistency that a table tennis Law refers to a Regulation for International Competition (authorisation of racket coverings) would be avoided.]

If this was implemented, will it mean no Association in the world will be able, by the rules of table tennis alone, to prevent the use of any "legal" as opposed to "authorised" rubber from use in a Competition where that competition is not governed by the ITTF rules of competition. For example, frictionless long pimples and any other legal rubber which isn't on the ITTF "authorised" list - legal being by definition complying with the rules of table tennis rather than Technical Leaflet T4 - which is a technical leaflet and not a legal requirement.

No.6 Proposed by the Austrian Table Tennis Association
To modify paragraph 2.6.2
2.6.2 The server shall then project the ball upwards, without imparting spin, so that it rises at least 16cm after leaving the palm of the free hand and then falls at least 16cm without touching anything before being struck

[By this the “near vertical” ball projection at service would be replaced by an “upward” projection. At the same time a minimum “falling distance”, equal to the “projection distance”, would be required.]

Please advise when a decision on these rules will be announced by the ITTF and what the likely date is, if accepted, for their implementation in to the rules of table tennis. If the ITTF have announced their decisions, where can I find them please?

Thanks

No.2 proposed by China received 70% of the votes and was defeated (it needs more than 75% of the votes)

No. 5 proposed by the Rules Committee was passed. It means that any rubber used in any competition cannot be treated. It must be used as purchased.

No. 6 proposed by Austria was withdrawn.

The results of all propositions are already posted on the ITTF website. Go to www.ittf.com then go to the World Championships page. Then look on the left side column and under AGM you will find: "Results - New", if you click on it you will get a PDF form with all the voting rsults on all propositions.

We had fantastic matches in Yokohama. I hope you saw some on itTV. Really good stuff. Also many spectators, nearly 60,000 over 8 days. The most was 12,000 for the Japanese semi-final in men's doubles.

PostPosted: 04 May 2009, 21:40 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Adham wrote:
No. 5 proposed by the Rules Committee was passed. It means that any rubber used in any competition cannot be treated. It must be used as purchased.

Sorry, I'll be specific. Is there any rule now in the rules of table tennis which prevents the use of rubbers which are legal, but not authorised by the ITTF?

Thanks for the link too. I'm a bit surprised I need to go through the World Championship page to find this and not the "main Page" or "Media - News" sections.

Ed: Yes I have watched some of the matches on the ITTF itTV replays - although unfortunately no English.... this time.

Last edited by Debater on 04 May 2009, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 04 May 2009, 22:43 
King of Ping!

Debater wrote:
Adham wrote:

Sorry, I'll be specific. Is there any rule now in the rules of table tennis which prevents the use of rubbers which are legal, but not authorised by the ITTF?

Thanks for the link too. I'm a bit surprised I need to go through the World Championship page to find this and not the "main Page" or "Media - News" sections.

Ed: Yes I have watched some of the matches on the ITTF itTV replays - although unfortunately no English.... this time.

You can use legal (not authorized) rubbers at any non-ITTF event, unless that event has adopted the ITTF's authorization list.

Link: because we now have the WTTC page as the most visited page. the PDF document will be available on the main page also after the WTTC is over.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 61  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!