OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 08 May 2024, 17:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 May 2007, 20:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Well I guess you haven't tried some of the rubbers I've tried then...:wink:

If you put the OX ruber on the blade when it's still wet... you'll get a lot of bubbles... Also 'a little bit' of glue is rarely enough... if you don't put glue on the rubber you'll need more on the blade...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 May 2007, 07:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

speedplay wrote:
I've tried glueing only the blade prevously but I found that the rubber curled up around the edges. Might be that I was to quick to apply the rubber instead of allowing the glue to dry properly.

About the glue sheets, do they work on sponged rubbers aswell? Is it still possible to remove AND re-use the rubber for another blade?

Yes if you put it on too early the sheet will curl up, so that's probably what happened.

Yes glue sheets DO work, and they are supposed to be removable, but it's not easy too remove them, and chances of damage to the sheet is much higher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 May 2007, 15:22 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

I've had an OX edge curl up like a cut snake too. It was because I'd put extra glue around the edges of the blade, and the glue on one edge hadn't finished evaporating out the solvents.

I once used 5 layers of Victory glue on a blade for a particually curlly Chinese OX sheet. The sticky residue on the blade was so strong I could lift up the bat with one finger touching the glued area.

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 04:54 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

gluing ox has to be done with glue sheets - at least that's my view. I killed my first sheet of ox by gluing directly onto it - curled up like an old leaf. (I bet it would have played awkward if I had managed to stick it on!)

Glue sheets are not easy to remove I agree - but then that's a great excuse to get a new blade etc and more ej-ing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 05:06 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

If you use rubber remover its fairly easy to remove a glue sheet from the blade.

PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 06:20 

To arrange a rubber on a blade, spread a thin layer of of glue on the blade. Let it dry and then place the rubber on it as follows:

- If it is OX, role it like a rolled carpet. Now, unrole it slowly over the blade from its handle. Keep pressing the rubber with one of your fingers as you unrole it. Hopefully, there will be no bubbles as you keep removing the air between the rubber and the blade.

Press it for a while and then cut the rubber along the edge of the blade. Finally, place the bat under the weight of some books for some time.

- If it is sponge rubber, arrange it slowly over the blade from its handle. Keep pressing the rubber with one of your fingers as you arrange it. Hopefully, there will be no bubbles as you keep removing the air between the sponge and the bladde.

Press it for a while and then cut the rubber along the edge of the blade. Finally, place the bat under the weight of some books for some time.

Rubber attached to the blade by this technique is very easy to remove and can experiment with different rubbers on the same blade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 20:58 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

I'm about to change my OX pips for the 5th time in 5 weeks (this time to test Combi OX). Every time I just reglue with a couple of layers of Victory glue, letting each layer get touch-dry first.

It's as easy as pie, as long as you don't put the rubber down too early, or way too late. (Just add another layer of glue if you waited 30 mins and the surface isn't sticky anymore.)

Maybe this method doesn't work so well with other glues?? But with the now banned Stiga Victory glue it's really easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2007, 16:05 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

We are way off thread here now - I keep looking for speedplay's review and then I remember that he screwed his sheet - so I'm till none the wiser. I'm getting closer to ordering again....!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2007, 00:42 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Hmm... nice weather Speedplay are you on for a game of golf? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2007, 07:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Hah hah... Yeah I'm sure you'll take a few games of him! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2007, 09:29 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

One of my most memorable games ever was played on our dinning room table with a row of video cassettes for a net. If you have a reasonable sized table this works well- plenty of bounce!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007, 05:52 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Can't believe this thread generated over a 1000 reads for trying to get Dingwol to buy Friction Special (which didn't happen in the end)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007, 10:22 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Hah hah.... well not yet anyway... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2007, 20:49 

Well boys, guess what.....just received the FS from Steve to test drive today. Won't be playing till the weekend, but from the appearance and feel, definitely grippy. I don't know how Steve can make the reversal as strong as HO, but I am keen to find out. My guess though is that this pip will not play as slow as HO Red. I think it could play faster than SS. On 2nd thoughts, the feel of the pips reminds me of Frustration :) What is funny is that Steve does not give a spin rating for FS, and he normally does this only if the pip is virtually f-less, for eg HO Red and SS. Hmmm this is screwing with my head......The ratings for FS are quite close to SS but if it plays like HO Black with a grippy surface, it will be 1 great pip.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2007, 21:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Great to hear! Please let us know as soon as you've tried it! Our hope lies on 2 sets of shoulders now... :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!